As a responsible investor, Delta Capital Myanmar is committed to pro-actively identify, address and manage environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities throughout the investment process.
Our guiding principles are that we and the businesses in which Myanmar Opportunities Fund II's capital is deployed, will:
- Comply with applicable laws
- Work over time to apply relevant international best practice standards, with appropriate targets and timetables for achieving them
- Minimize adverse impacts and enhance positive effects on the environment and social aspects vis-a-vis all stakeholders
- Employ management systems which effectively assess, address, monitor and report ESG risks and opportunities in our investments as a fundamental part of our investment process
- Commit to continuous improvements with respect to the management of ESG matters
Our ESG management system reflects our guiding principles and establishes ESG policies and procedures which add value to the businesses in which we invest.
ENVIRONMENTAL & SOCIAL SUSTAINABILITY
Delta Capital Myanmar believes that evaluating and managing environmental and social (E&S) risks helps fulfil its mission to generate superior returns.
Adopting a proactive consideration of E&S matters in investment decisions can reduce risks, create value, and benefit the society at large.
E&S considerations are reviewed in a holistic manner and we strive to consider the specificities of the Myanmar context and the sectors at stake.
Delta Capital Myanmar undertakes and commits to the following:
- We will not invest in companies involved in activities included in our Exclusion List
- We will encourage and support our investee companies to operate in full compliance with the applicable laws, as well as our policy and its specific commitments towards the IFC Performance Standards
- We will implement and adequately employ the appropriate procedures detailed in our E&S management system to ensure effective and sound management of E&S matters throughout our investment activities
- We will work towards continuous improvements with respect to the management of E&S matters
GOVERNANCE & BUSINESS INTEGRITY
Our governance and business integrity (GBI)’s objectives are to:
- Ensure that Delta Capital Myanmar and our portfolio companies exhibit honesty, integrity, fairness, diligence and respect in all business dealings
- Enhance the good reputation of Delta Capital Myanmar, investors and our portfolio companies
- Promote international best practices in relation to governance and business integrity in the businesses in which we invest
To achieve the GBI objectives, Delta Capital Myanmar and our portfolio companies will:
- Comply with applicable laws and promote international best practices, including those laws and international best practice standards intended to tackle anti money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption, and economic sanctions
- Uphold high standards of business integrity and honesty, including zero tolerance to bribery and corruption in business dealings
- Deal with regulators in an open and co-operative manner
- Commit and adopt good corporate governance practices
- Provide appropriate whistleblowing / grievance recourse mechanism for stakeholders to facilitate the reporting of wrongdoings and misconducts